Friends Laughing, Achieving Miracles, Inspiring and Nurturing Gifts, Offering Smiles.
This patient led program was developed by a cancer survivor who chose not to be just another cancer patient, but to "be a live-er" and to celebrate something every day. Humor and laughter play a significant role in physical and mental healing. Flamingos for Hope's mission is to enrich the quality of life of those touched by cancer through inspiration, fun and laughter.
Each month Flamingo Ambassadors (survivors and caregivers themselves) arrive at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center and their energy and inspiration materializes. Through the goofy hats and yummy treats, there are visible changes in the atmosphere, with smiles, laughter and chatter all around. Their love and celebration for life is contagious.
Come meet the Flamingos for Hope! They will be at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center at 10:00 a.m. on the following dates:
- January 21st Baby It's Cold Outside
- February 12th Be My Valentine
- March 13th It's a Jungle In Here
- April 19th Slay Your Dragons
- May 20th Luau
- June 18th Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- July 24th Flock ON!
- August 25th Laughter is the BEST Medicine
- September 23rd Wish Upon a Star
- October 29th Trick or Treat
- November 20th LEAF Your Troubles Behind
- December 22nd HO! HO! HO!
Flamingos for Hope is a service of Harper's Hope, A Cancer Survivor's Program.