Friends Laughing, Achieving Miracles, Inspiring and Nurturing Gifts, Offering Smiles.
This patient led program was developed by a cancer survivor who chose not to be just another cancer patient, but to "be a live-er" and to celebrate something every day. Humor and laughter play a significant role in physical and mental healing. Flamingos for Hope's mission is to enrich the quality of life of those touched by cancer through inspiration, fun and laughter.
Each month Flamingo Ambassadors (survivors and caregivers themselves) arrive at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center and their energy and inspiration materializes. Through the goofy hats and yummy treats, there are visible changes in the atmosphere, with smiles, laughter and chatter all around. Their love and celebration for life is contagious.
Come meet the Flamingos for Hope! They will be at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center at 10:00 a.m. on the following dates:
- January 20th Wish Upon a Snowflake
- February 12th Be My Valentine
- March 26th Hippity Hoppity
- April 27th Raining Cats and Dogs
- May 19th It's a Jungle in Here
- June 24th Slay Your Dragons
- July 23rd Birthday Bash
- August 24th Laughter is the BEST Medicine
- September 22nd Twinkle Twinkle
- October 28th Monster Mash
- November 19th KEEP Calm and Be Thankful
- December 14th Peace Love Joy
Flamingos for Hope is a service of Harper's Hope, A Cancer Survivor's Program.