Friends Laughing, Achieving Miracles, Inspiring and Nurturing Gifts, Offering Smiles.
This patient led program was developed by a cancer survivor who chose not to be just another cancer patient, but to "be a live-er" and to celebrate something every day. Humor and laughter play a significant role in physical and mental healing. Flamingos for Hope's mission is to enrich the quality of life of those touched by cancer through inspiration, fun and laughter.
Each month Flamingo Ambassadors (survivors and caregivers themselves) arrive at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center and their energy and inspiration materializes. Through the goofy hats and yummy treats, there are visible changes in the atmosphere, with smiles, laughter and chatter all around. Their love and celebration for life is contagious.
Come meet the Flamingos for Hope! They will be at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center at 10:00 a.m. on the following dates:
- January 22nd Brrr
- February 20th You are a 'STAR'
- March 21st Welcome to the Jungle
- April 19th Raining Cats and Dogs
- May 20th Flower Power
- June 18th Aloha
- July 24th Birds of a Feather
- August 22nd Laughter is the BEST Medicine
- September 20th Twinkle Twinkle
- October 28th Monster Mash
- November 19th Slay Your Dragons
- December 18th Let it Snow
Flamingos for Hope is a service of Harper's Hope, A Cancer Survivor's Program.